Re: [Duplicity-talk] Backup failing (ftp, error 553)

From: duplicityml
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Backup failing (ftp, error 553)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 19:53:09 +0200

> Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 7:31 PM
> From: "edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk" <address@hidden>

> > . mkdir: Access failed: 550 foo/MyStuff/: File exists. (/foo/MyStuff/)
> > . put: /tmp/duplicity-eh6maW-tempdir/mktemp-3OAXaU-6: Access failed: 553
> > foo/MyStuff/duplicity-full.20200519T173310Z.vol4.difftar.gpg: Input/output
> > error. (/foo/MyStuff/duplicity-full.20200519T173310Z.vol4.difftar.gpg)
>
> which is ok for the first error. it can be ignored.

Okay, thank you.

> but the second should not occur. not sure what's up on your server there.
> maybe some file system corruption or is it full maybe?

Not full, but it wouldn't mount when connected directly to a computer so I've
fixed that issue, which was something to do with it not having been dismounted
cleanly, and have been running some checks on the unit since last night.
Nothing has shown up so far. I don't know whether I can trust it long-term but
I can at least do some more testing using it, even if I have to buy a new one.

Thanks for your help. If you don't hear anything more from me, it's fixed.