Re: [Duplicity-talk] Resume backup after failed attempt

From: Tashrif
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Resume backup after failed attempt
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 11:55:19 -0500

Hi Ken,

I use duplicity-0.8.21 and Python 3.9.5. The command is `duply data1 backup` which extends to:

eval TMPDIR='/tmp'     duplicity  --name duply_data1 --no-encryption  --verbosity '4'       --exclude-filelist .duply/data1/exclude /PHShome/tb571/tmp/my_dir 's3+http://data1'

Now I am thinking about your mention of serious problem: if s3 remote rejects a put request for being larger than 5 GB, do the manifest and sigtar remain corrupted in ~/.cache/duplicity/duply_data/ directory? For what it is worth, I am testing duplicity on 1 TB data with 2 GB volsize. Everything seems to have worked fine until the last sigtar which is 7.5 GB.

Best,
Tashrif