Re: [Duplicity-talk] Notice for S3/GCS Users

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Notice for S3/GCS Users
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 13:21:50 +0200

hey Scott,

On 03.06.2022 13:14, Scott Hannahs wrote:
Just FYI.
I have it building and running.  I think I have the new boto call format set.
Seem to have some issues with my gpg keys but will work on it, may be part of
transferring things to a new machine after the last one died.

s3transfer seems to be a beta release and tells folks to use boto instead of
s3transfer that may change API in the future.  Is the backend going to rely on
this package?
the boto3 backend relies on the boto3 python module. so whatever the dependencies of that are is needed or changes.

if you want to know why/if s3transfer is, will be needed in the future you
should probably ask the boto3 project :)
https://github.com/boto/boto3/issues

Also needed is dateutil that doesn’t seem to be in the standard python
distribution.

probably a dependency of one of the boto3 dependencies? ..ede/duply.net