Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 1.0.1 Released

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 1.0.1 Released
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 18:47:11 -0400

I am running tox not manually but as part of the "setup.py test” command.  I
have to increase the number of open files to get it to work in all cases.

    TestScript: <<
        #!/bin/sh -ev
        ulimit -n 8192
        chmod 0700 testing/gnupg
        /opt/sw/bin/python3.8 setup.py test
<<

The shebang line ends up defaulting to python3.9 on the latest Apple Command
Line Tools instead of the installed 3.8 version I had installed along with the
required libraries.  I never specify the tox command manually but whatever is
in setup.py.  I think it calls testing/run-tests in test_code.py which just
calls tox.  I was trying not to modify those files.

I agree that the existing shebang setup works with the installed version of
python, but if I have built all the required files with a different version
then I need to make duplicity and its testing specific to that version.  I have
it working now and will try to push the packaging to fink along with the
required dependencies that are not already in fink.

-Scott