[Duplicity-talk] PyDrive backend cannot authenticate because it uses out

From: Massimiliano Leoni
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] PyDrive backend cannot authenticate because it uses out-of-bound
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 19:43:12 +0200

Hello everyone,

I tried running duplicity to backup to my google drive and google is not
letting me, saying that my application is blocked because it uses Out-of-bound
[OOB] authentication, which is not secure.

In particular, I'm getting

Error 400: invalid_request
The out-of-band (OOB) flow has been blocked in order to keep users secure.
Follow the Out-of-Band (OOB) flow migration guide linked in the developer docs
below to migrate your app to an alternative method.
Request details: redirect_uri=urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob

and the migration guide is https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/
oauth2/resources/oob-migration .

My account is configured as a "regular account" following the instructions at
https://duplicity.nongnu.org/vers8/duplicity.1.html#sect26

Is there a way around this?

Thanks for any help!
Massimiliano