[Duplicity-talk] Warnings from duplicity on package versions

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Warnings from duplicity on package versions
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 20:56:11 -0400

Ok, I understand that chardet is not installed for Python 3.10, I instead have
charset_normalizer which should substitute for that.

/opt/sw/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/__init__.py:109:
RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.26.16) or chardet
(None)/charset_normalizer (3.2.0) doesn't match a supported version!
  warnings.warn(

The error message doesn’t delineate which package is causing the problem.  I
assume it is compelling that charset_normalizer “3.2.0” fails the test 2.0.0 <=
<version> < 3.0.0.  Is there a problem with charset_normalizer major version 3?
 Should I substitute the later version of chardet that I have?  I have chardet
version 3.0.2 which is the minimum needed (and has a lot of newer versions?) #
chardet_version >= 3.0.2, < 6.0.0

Why does the following line to the error output cut off sudden as
“warnings.warn(“ ??  Something seems odd.

I think these are all warnings and the duplicity seems to have run correctly.

-Scott