dvdrtools-devel

[Dvd-devel] configure.in: BERO_CHECK_ALIGN

From: Paul Martinolich
Subject: [Dvd-devel] configure.in: BERO_CHECK_ALIGN
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:27:12 -0600

This does not work properly.  The AC_TRY_RUN is getting the
return value, but assumes its an error rather than catching
it.  So xconfig.h has incorrect values.  When compiled, the
program core dumps immediately, like for 'dvdrecord -version'.
If I manually change the values in xconfig.h, I don't get
the core dump.

I am interested in getting this software to work on a
powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu system, but as you see below, it
fails even for i686-pc-linux-gnu.  I have a Mac G4 with
Superdrive and Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 installed.  The dmesg
reports the drive as a Pioneer 103 which I hear is the
same as the A03, just the OEM version.

I have photographic images scanned with a film scanner and
one roll of 36 produces about 1.1 GB of compressed TIFF
files.  A roll of 24 can be archived to CD-ROM.  I'd like
to archive the larger rolls to DVD-R.  I plan to use ISO9660
filesystem.

Paul

./configure

checking size of short... 2
checking alignment of short... 0    <--------
checking for int... (cached) yes
checking size of int... (cached) 4
checking alignment of int... 0
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking alignment of long... 0
checking for long long... (cached) yes
checking size of long long... (cached) 8
checking alignment of long long... 0
checking for float... yes
checking size of float... 4
checking alignment of float... 0
checking for char*... yes
checking size of char*... 4
checking alignment of char*... 0

config.log
==========
configure:15276: checking alignment of short
configure:15302: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
configure:15305: $? = 0
configure:15307: ./conftest
configure:15310: $? = 2
configure: program exited with status 2
configure: failed program was:
#line 15285 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

                #include <stddef.h>
                #ifndef offsetof
                #define offsetof(TYPE, MEMBER) ((size_t) &((TYPE *)0)->MEMBER)
                #endif
                struct foo {
                        char a;
                        short b;