dvdrtools-devel

Re: [Dvd-devel] Where can I find howtos?

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
Subject: Re: [Dvd-devel] Where can I find howtos?
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 23:16:11 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Nguyen Trung Thanh wrote:

> After download and install dvdrtools-0.1.1.

Get 0.1.2, 0.1.1 has some pretty bad bugs.

> I could not detech my DVR even using 'cdrecord -scanbus'?

Chances are you didn't set up IDE-SCSI emulation correctly.
Make sure you tell the kernel that you wish to use IDE-SCSI emulation for
the DVD-RW drive, e.g. tell the kernel "hdc=ide-scsi" if your drive is
/dev/hdc.

You do this by adding
        append="hdc=ide-scsi"
to /etc/lilo.conf and rerunning lilo if you're using lilo, or by changing
        kernel /boot/whatever [whatever]
into
        kernel /boot/whatever [whatever] hdc=ide-scsi
in /boot/grub/grub.conf if you're using grub.

> I'm using Linux Redhat 7.2, kernel 2.4.7-10.

Update your kernel. 2.4.7-10 has security problems.
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2002-028.html

LLaP
bero

--
This message is provided to you under the terms outlined at
http://www.bero.org/terms.html