dvdrtools-devel

[Dvd-devel] DVD-Support in next Xcdroast-version

From: rene
Subject: [Dvd-devel] DVD-Support in next Xcdroast-version
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:38:17 -0800

Hi,

first, I'm new to the list, so hello to all! :o)

I'm mailing with Thomas Niederreiter, the author of Xcdroast.

He wants to include DVD-support in the next version coming in
a few weeks. I did some testing with cdrecord-proDVD and I realized
that only the 2GByte-file-size limitation in Xcdroast-GUI prevents
from creating DVDs (ISO-files above 2GByte are not shown in Xcdroast-GUI,
but ISOs are created well). So Thomas will add largefile-support
in the coming version.

As for Joerg Schilling has closed sources, Thomas is interested
in dvdrtools.

At the moment he is implementing to cdrecord-proDVD, but if source
keeps closed, Joerg Schilling changes the API and your project
keeps working, it will be a real alternative.

Could you developers provide Thomas (address@hidden) with information
about development and changes against cdrtools-version, please?

Rene Bartsch

-----

From address@hidden Wed May 22 03:29:58 2002