eev

[eev] Sending the last shell commands to Emacs

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: [eev] Sending the last shell commands to Emacs
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 05:47:19 -0300

Here's one way to read from Emacs the last commands that were typed on
a shell. Run this in the shell,

  function hh () { history | tee $EEVTMPDIR/hh; }

and this in Emacs:

  (defun hh ()
    (interactive)
    (find-eevtmpfile "hh"))

then run `hh' on the shell to save the "history" to ~/.eev/hh, and
`M-x hh' on Emacs to read it.

I will play with this for some days to see if it feels comfortable and
then I'll probably add it to eev (after doing the necessary clean-ups
and standardizations, of course).

Credit where credit is due: this idea was inspired by a question that
someone asked after a talk about Emacs and eev that I gave at UFF
(http://www.if.uff.br/). I'm not sure about the name of the person
now, but I'm checking it...

  Cheers,
    Edrx