eev

[eev] Unifiying the single-steppers (was: eethrow)

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: [eev] Unifiying the single-steppers (was: eethrow)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:29:14 -0200

Hi rubikitch and list,

>  (eethrow (shell))

Nifty! The idea of using a wrapper macro is brilliant!

Maybe we should have a way to unify all the single-steppers - eesteps,
eechannel, eethrow, ee-yank, and eewalk, that I haven't used in ages -
possibly using a global variable like `eeb-defaults'... ooops,
`eeb-defaults' needs a docstring urgently - but here are two links to
explanations...

  (find-eevfile "eev.el" "`eeb-spec'")
  (find-eevafile "eev.txt" "the list `eeb-defaults'")

Here's an idea on how to name the stepper functions. If we twist the
meaning of some words in English a bit we can think of "channel" as
being a verb besides being a substantive; as a verb it will mean
"communicate through a channel". So `eestep' will mean to run the
current step, `eechannel' will mean to channel the current line,
`eethrow' will mean to throw the current line, `eeyank' (which should
be bound to M-Y instead of M-P) will mean to yank the first line of
the last kill, etc; and each one of those functions have a default
"textual" way of treating the current step (even eesteps: it treats
strings as `kbd' specs)...

Right now `eesteps' has several different setup functions, and none of
the steppers have ways of showing the next steps that will be
executed...

More later,
  Edrx