eev

Eshell tutorial

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Eshell tutorial
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 12:17:11 -0300

Hi all,

I added a section - this one:

 http://angg.twu.net/eepitch.html#tutorials

to my page about eepitch. Its current text is:

  3. Tutorials

  I have a few "eepitch-based tutorials" that are made mostly of
  executable examples (in eepitch blocks) and links to real tutorials
  (in sexp hyperlinks). There is a big one for Lua here, a small one
  for Python here, and I am starting to write one for Eshell. See: 1)
  this message to help-gnu-emacs in which I asked for snippets, 2)
  this block of examples, and 3) click on the thumbnail below to see a
  screenshot.

Many years ago, when Rubikitch sent to eev mailing list the code that
became eepitch,

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/eev/2006-01/msg00000.html
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/eev/2006-02/msg00000.html
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/eev/2006-02/msg00001.html

one of the first things that occurred to me was: wow, I can use this
to transform tutorials written in an "expository" style into
"tutorials" written in a style that works much better to me -
executable examples plus links to docs and source code...

For me this second style was "obviously" very practical, but over the
years I say that for many, many, MANY people this second style is
simply "obviously wrong" - so I need to have examples of it in visible
places...

  [[]],
    Edrx