eev

Re: Eshell tutorial

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: Eshell tutorial
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 01:10:25 +0000

Thank you for your explanations.

El 2022-09-17 16:46, Eduardo Ochs escribió:
> There is a way to avoid having to run (find-angg-es-links) every time.
> You just have to put this in your init file:
>
>   ;; From: (find-angg-es-links)
>   (defun find-angg (fname &rest rest)
>     (apply 'find-wgeta (format "http://angg.twu.net/%s"; fname) rest))
>   (defun find-es (fname &rest rest)
>     (apply 'find-wgeta (format "http://angg.twu.net/e/%s.e"; fname) rest))
>
> I think that the definitions above are too weird and imperfect to
> become "real" defaults, and with the current behavior they only become
> defaults after forcing the user to (sort of) understand how they work.
> I prefer that way. =/

Please also explain why they are exposed to the user for "the user to
(sort of) understand how they work" if "the definitions are too weird
and imperfect to become 'real' defaults".  I do not intend to bug you or
criticize you.  I just want to understand your point.

I am discovering the beauty of your scripts.  I would like to have a
Debian server to store files for several local network users based on
their permisions and have automatic versioned backups on another
machine.  Do you have an executable log to create that sort of server?
Do you have an executable log to install and configure everything needed
for a mail server, including certificates, spam and virus control, etc.?
 It would be great to use!