eev

Re: Bidirectional links with eev

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: Bidirectional links with eev
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:14:55 +0000

El 2022-09-24 00:27, Eduardo Ochs escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> one of my submissions to the EmacsConf2022 is this one:
>
>   "Bidirectional links with eev"
>   http://angg.twu.net/emacsconf2022-kla.html
>
> Most people who use eev know that _using_ elisp hyperlinks to anchors
> is easy, but the standard method for _creating_ elisp hyperlinks to
> anchor needs lots of keys...
>
> I've been experimenting with a more practical way to create those
> hyperlinks to anchors. We need to set up the variable `ee-preferred-c'
> correctly - and this is tricky - but after that we can type `M-x kla',
> or `M-x ee-kla' (mnemonic: <K>ill <L>ink to <A>nchor), and ta-da, the
> link will be pushed into the kill ring.
>
> There is a tutorial here:
>
>   http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-kla.el.html#intro
>   (find-eev "eev-kla.el" "intro")
>
> I've been using `M-x kla' and its variants `M-x klas', `M-x klf', and
> `M-x klfs' a LOT, and I'm quite happy with them. The tutorial ends
> with a long explanation of the thing that creates "bidirectional
> links" - `M-x kla2' - that is very impressive, but that I don't know
> yet if it's practical.

I am still a little confused with eev.  But every time I see something
you publish, I understand additional details and are even more impressed
by what eev is, its phylosophy of simplicity and its enourmous potential
for automation of manual tasks.

I like these 5 minute talks.

I do not use Python because I think it is a language which is just a fad
which will die.  But I think that there are many people that could be
attracted to eev because it has useful Python hacks.

The other talk is something I would like to attend.  I stil do not
understand `M-x kla' yet.

For both talks, I suggest to open with a 2 sentence description of what
eev is. And then an explanation of the results which are expected from
using the tool you are about to present.  These introductions should be
understood by anyone, regardless of the experience they have with Emacs
or eev.

I do think that key bindings for eev should all share the same prefix
keybinding.  It would make it easier to identify it.  Maybe another idea
would be to use C-c as is used in org-mode.  I am not sure about the way
to solve it, but I have difficulty remembering how to do things in eev.
Maybe you have better ideas.

I cannot update to 20220924.  Are you sure it is in ELPA yet?