elmirror-general-discussion

Re: [elMirror-general-discussion] Roadmap is written and is on the homep

From: Mikalai Birukou
Subject: Re: [elMirror-general-discussion] Roadmap is written and is on the homepage now
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:16:32 -0400

Jean-Luc Delatre wrote:

> Mikalai Birukou wrote:
>
>> About robot teaching another robot. For experience, concepts and ideas
>> exchange purposes in the elMirror system we may think about direct
>> consuming and mergining of *entire* "lifes" of two similar systems
>> (sensors should be the same, etc.) by taking log files.
>
> I see an "entropy problem" here.
> Not having some information and variety (in Ross Ashby's sense)
> flowing from the "outside world"
> will likely result in a fairly predictable, trivial and uninteresting
> stable state.

 Robot-to-robot communication will be needed for a *huge chunks*
exchange between systems that are unique due to their own experience.
This does not mean that this is the only way of getting info, no. This
does not mean that system should not use language for *other tasks*.
 I have already mentioned that elMirror has a long way to go even before
really implementing this functionality, for, say, rather narrow task.
 Please, do not be confused. The system operates on world around it, and
the only info it will receive will be via sensors.

>> This may prove
>> to be cooler, then old fashion teaching using some language.
>
> I would better have the system *really* "understand" some language
> (akin to natural, *not* source code or scripts)
> in order for you and me and anyone  else to interact more easily and
> quickly with it.

Again this referes to the situation where two systems have to share big
pieces of experience between each other. *It is not* about how systems
should be taught by humans.

>> Imagine
>> that you internally take in someone's memory, analyse it, assimilate it,
>> etc. This kind of stuff, should have to wait, till we get to it.
>>

> Yeah, but what could be the "path" to this point?

 Following the elMirror's roadmap, we'll get to the point where many
people may have different systems, i.e. systems with different
experience/"life". Then, having a material to work with, this "merging"
thing will be addressed.
 You may say, how do you see now, that this can be done? Well, each
system will have its continuous AgentLog's trace. You may imagine how
this can be used. But, it this moment, it simply a prediction of
*possible* functionality. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mikalai.