[eLyXer-users] Re: Size of images in HTML output

From: elyxer-users
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Re: Size of images in HTML output
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:29:03 +0200

Hi Bennett,

I hope you don't mind me including address@hidden so everyone
can read your comments.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM, BH<address@hidden> wrote:
> I agree that elyxer would be a great addition to LyX/Mac.
>
> Is it possible to use a relative path to point to elyxer if it were
> placed in LyX.app? I'm worried that when people move LyX.app around on
> there systems, elyxer would stop functioning until they edited their
> preferences. (This is also a problem for pointing to the examples
> folder, e.g.) Until we get a general solution to this problem, I think
> including elyxer by default is not advisable.

I have a different but related problem with Uwe's alt Windows
installer (in CC): he would like to add elyxer.py to the LyX scripts
folder, while I think it's a bit of a hack.

Luckily there is a solution which might solve all problems: I have
been looking at Python distutils to better package eLyXer, and it has
the nice option of adding elyxer.py to the user's Python scripts
folder. What good is it? That a minimalistic script included with LyX
can then invoke elyxer.py and make it work without the user having to
deal with paths or folders.

The steps are:
  - the users runs (as per eLyXer's installation instructions):
    > python setup.py install
    (setup.py is included with eLyXer).
  - When LyX is reconfigured it tries to locate the Python module "elyxer".
  - If configured in, a script $s/scripts/elyxer-bridge.py is used to
invoke eLyXer.

And similarly on the mac.

What do you think?

Alex.