[eLyXer-users] Re: Distutils on Mac (elyxer 0.30)

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Re: Distutils on Mac (elyxer 0.30)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:46:39 +0200

Hi Konrad,

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Konrad Hofbauer
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Distutils installation fails on Mac 10.5 with

I have modified the installation procedure to avoid this kind of
error. I will let you know once 0.31 is released so you can test it.

> I suggest that you add to the readme.txt as (alternative) installation
> instruction for Mac the Terminal command
>  sudo cp elyxer.py /usr/local/bin/
> This is all that is needed, since unzipping your zip archive with Finder
> already sets the executable flag. LyX picks up elyxer automatically from
> there.

Fine, I have upgraded the user guide with two installation procedures:
one placing the executable file in the path (including your line for
Mac OS X), and another using distutils.

> P.S. I added address@hidden on http://gmane.org/

Thanks!

Alex.