[eLyXer-users] Loading eLyXer as a module

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Loading eLyXer as a module
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 23:13:15 +0100

Hi Uwe,

On the lyx-devel mailing list we read that the version of Python
included in the Windows installer cannot use eLyXer as a module:
Just to clarify: what exactly is the problem? The Windows installer
cannot install eLyXer as a module, because it lacks the capability; or
is it that it cannot load the module? Does running:
  > python -m elyxer --help
work, once eLyXer is installed as a module (using the full version)?
On Linux, the installation amounts to copying elyxer.py in a suitable
location, e.g. /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/. Perhaps a manual
copy can be done somewhere? I have tried doing the manual copy and
then running eLyXer as above, and it seems to work fine.

I am CC'ing the elyxer-users list for future reference, if you don't mind.

Alex.