[eLyXer-users] Excluding the build directory from the tarball?

From: Sven Hoexter
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Excluding the build directory from the tarball?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:54:24 +0100

Hi Alex,
would it be possible to excluded the 'build' directory from the release
tarball?

The issue is that it will be removed by the Debian tools for package
building by default as part of the clean target. That is usually the right
thing todo I'd say but in this case it will produce some conflict with the
(git) repository because there are suddenly missing files in the checkout.

I noticed this a already a few month back when this directory first appeared
but back then I've been using subversion for the packaging and the
svn-buildpackage tool had a handy switch to override and ignore the problem.
Today I switched to git and now I can't override it that easily.
I'll try to hack something around that issue for the 0.36 release but I guess
it would be 'better' to simply not include the build directory in the
(release) tarball.

Attached is a patch for the 'make' script that will hopefully exclude it from
the tarball (though I'm a bit unsure what the directory looks like you're
building from).

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak