Re: [eLyXer-users] Equationarray alignment

From: Uwe Stöhr
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Equationarray alignment
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 02:54:11 +0100

Am 14.01.2010 02:36, schrieb Alex Fernandez:

- the align environment has no horizontal space between the rows

No doubt you mean between the columns?

Yes.

You can see this be comparing the PDF output of the LyX Math manual, sec.
18.2 with the HTML output.

Is this better than it was before, or does it make no difference for
you?

It is quite the same as before.

For example eqnarray should be better.

It is, but not comletely: when there are characters in the second column, the must appear in a smaller font size. Only relation signs appear in the original font size, see the Math manual, sec. 18.3.

It's a start, isn't it?

Sure. It was just a hint that the result doesn't look nice.

I haven't fine-tuned the CSS but it should
allow for improvements (less space between the A and the B). Scaling
brackets with height is however impossible just with HTML and CSS, and
it would require JavaScript to be well done. I am not sure it is worth
it.

Unscaled brackets often look "ugly", especially when there are several levels of nested, scaled brackets. However, I'm also no sure if this justifies JavaScript.

regards uwe