Re: [eLyXer-users] Re: Using the --noconvert Option for images

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Re: Using the --noconvert Option for images
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:15:09 +0100

Hi Sven,

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Sven Hoexter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
>> Using --forceformat ".jpg" should do the trick.
>
>> With the --noconvert option you are supposed to copy the file
>> yourself. Maybe I should add a
>>   --format copy
>> or something for this cases.

Added to the wish list, by the way.

> I'd like to propose the attached update to the manpage included in the
> Debian package. Would be great if  you could  take a look so that I'm
> not spreading false information.

I think they are fine. Perhaps you might make explicit that
--forceformat ".jpg" does make a conversion, only JPEG->JPEG, which
should hurt less than JPEG-> PNG.

One more thing. Do you think I should maintain the manpage along with
eLyXer and make any changes myself? I have seen that lots of packages
do this. You are doing such a good job that I have not felt the need;
but if other distros are eventually going to package eLyXer it might
save some effort.

Alex.