Re: [eLyXer-users] Fwd: using elyxer for latex-math2html conversion?

From: Jose Ramon Alvarez Sanchez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Fwd: using elyxer for latex-math2html conversion?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 01:30:35 +0100

El dom, 28-11-2010 a las 23:13 +0100, Alex Fernandez escribió:
> We are now trying to find out how to share the CSS stylesheet used for
> equations; I will probably separate the math-related bits into
> math.css and coalesce everything into a global CSS before releasing,
> although there are other options: including several CSS files in the
> HTML, or using CSS inclusion. Direct inclusion of the styles in the
> HTML has been requested by Günter and is on the wishlist.

I would also like that at least the minimum essential bits of CSS
for math were included inside the HTML. I have found one case where
it would be useful, my internet connection was down for some time and
then a local copy of a converted file looked wrong formatted, until
I remembered that math formatting depends heavily on CSS and that
by default the css is on-line.

Maybe it could be better to have a mixed solution for CSS styles:
1. The essential minimum css for math formatting (a compacted version
   of a math.css subset) included directly inside HTML head.
2. Then a call to download the on-line full CSS, that can repeat the
   minimum already included math.css (from item 1) plus some other
   styles. The default can be changed by --css command line option.
3. A new option (--addcss) to add another CSS defined by the user.
   For example, to only redefine some styles from the default, etc.

The styles should be included in that order (using the "cascading"
property). Item 1 is fixed in every HTML file. Item 2 is always added
and by default pointing to the eLyXer on-line css, but it can be
changed by option "--css" to another url or file. Item 3 is optional
and its url would be added after the other two items, only if the
"--addcss" option was used in conversion.

Jose R.