Re: [eLyXer-users] Elyxer Install Script

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Elyxer Install Script
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 02:30:58 +0200

Hi Jack,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Alex Fernandez <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Jack Desert <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm installing elyxer 1.2 on a server, and it gave me the following message:
>>
>>    > ./install.py
>>    eLyXer installed as a binary in /home/hbboston/bin
>>    Please run as "elyxer.py [options] input.lyx output.html" to use it
>>    Need to be root to install translation modules
>>
>> However, it didn't install elyxer.py "in" the /home/hbboston/bin directory,
>> rather it created a file called "bin" in the /home/hbboston/ directory.
>>
>> I see you're no longer doing module installs, as elyxer will be a proper
>> python module soon. So for now I'm just copying elyxer.py to a directory
>> where I can access it. But I thought I should let you know what happened
>> with the standard install script.
>
> Thanks for the report, I will look into it!

I finally looked into your report, since I am preparing a new version.
Sure enough: the problem arises when your $PATH contains a directory
which does not exist.

I hope I solved it for the upcoming 1.2.3, it would be nice if you
could check it. I will send you the announcement once it's ready
(hopefully in a short while).

Thanks once more.

Alex.