Re: HarfBuzz is available on MS-Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: HarfBuzz is available on MS-Windows
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 21:56:52 +0300

> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 19:46:28 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The harfbuzz branch can now be built on MS-Windows, and will support
> > the new 'harfbuzz' font backend if the requisite DLLs are installed.
> >
> > HarfBuzz DLLs are available from the MSYS2 project and from ezwinports
> > (the latter only for 32-bit builds).
>
> What are those dependencies? I'd like to add them the scripts that build
> the dependency zips for windows on that branch, so that I don't have to
> remember to do it when the merge happens!

Sorry, I don't understand the question.  The HarfBuzz DLLs aren't
different from any other DLL you download from MSYS2, so the same
procedure should do, and should bring you all the DLLs on which
HarfBuzz depends.  Which are those depends on how the MSYS2 people
built HarfBuzz; they generally specify everything that's possible,
even if it makes little sense on Windows, but that's their decision.

If you refer to "the requisite DLLs" I mentioned, that was a reference
to libharfbuzz-0.dll itself, not to its dependencies.  The code loads
only that single DLL.