Re: Towards a cleaner build

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2019 12:15:47 -0400

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 at 11:40, Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> (with-suppressed-warnings ((lexical prefixless))
>   (defvar prefixless))

It's a bit funny that the warning is named 'lexical', when it's about
a non-lexical variable.

>   (with-suppressed-warnings ((obsolete obsolete))
>     (obsolete))

>   (with-suppressed-warnings ((obsolete obsolete-variable))
>     obsolete-variable)

We might want to support suppressing the warning for obsolete
functions and variables separately?

>   (with-suppressed-warnings ((mapcar mapcar))
>     (mapcar #'list '(1 2 3)))

This is the 'mapcar called for effect' one, right? Could we group it
with 'value returned from (+ 1 2) is unused' for (progn (+ 1 2) nil)?
Even though the byte compiler implementation might have them seperate,
I think they're pretty much the same thing from the point of view of
an elisp author.