Re: Gnus nnir patch for Emacs 26?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gnus nnir patch for Emacs 26?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 13:04:19 +0300

> From: Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:46:14 -0700
>
> Someone recently reported a bug in Gnus for searching IMAP groups when
> the group has a non-ascii name. The bug has been there a while, at least
> as far back as Emacs 26. I've attached the diff, which looks large only
> because of indentation changes, it boils down to adding the line:
>
> (setq group (nnimap-decode-gnus-group group))

I didn't understand that this change fixes the problem, the last
message still indicated the patch didn't resolve it.  Did you continue
discussing off-list or something?  If not, how do you know the fix is
complete?

> Is it too late/too intrusive for Emacs 26? This is the first time
> anyone's reported the bug, so it's obviously not super pressing. Another
> odd thing is that this fix will be unnecessary once the
> scratch/gnus-decoded branch lands, so this change shouldn't go into
> master, but I gather that's possible with a dontmerge cookie or
> something.

If this patch indeed fixes the problem, it's okay for emacs-26, but
please only add that one line, don't reindent anything and don't
replace lambda with its fancier equivalent.  Just the minimal required
change.

Thanks.