A curiosity

From: João Távora
Subject: A curiosity
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 10:51:08 +0100

Hi all,

While handling a bug report in SLY (https://github.com/joaotavora/sly/issues/239),
I struggled a bit with how to explain the so-called "left margin convention".  Then
I found the manual, which explains it conveniently.

Then I started to search around for discussions of the problem, but could never
find the "source" of the discussion (if indeed there is one).  The variable
open-paren-in-column-0-is-defun-start is from 2000 and the earliest article I could
find on the topic is from 2005

(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-12/msg01220.html)

As a curiosity, can anyone point me to some discussion archives?

João Távora