Re: `message' not outputting the newline "atomically"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: `message' not outputting the newline "atomically"
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 08:46:51 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:33:13 -0700
>
> > I think we do want it to be unbuffered, so that important error
> > messages are output in their entirety, or as close as possible.
> Every important Emacs stderr message ends in newline

So now we will have to enforce this all over the place, in order to
ensure that critical messages get through?  Just to placate the
situation with interleaving output from two or more instances of
Emacs?

Like I said, on balance this is a bad change.  It may or may not make
a significant difference on GNU/Linux, but there are other systems out
there.  And even on GNU/Linux, we have no control on what the glibc
developers may decide about this tomorrow, given the lax Posix
requirements.