Re: How about making `sleep-for' interactive?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How about making `sleep-for' interactive?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 09:19:19 -0400

> Good points.  In addition to that, I discovered that screen is not
> updated during macro execution, so my solution would have to involve
> updating the display.

The screen updating is not disabled during kbd-macro execution.
What happens is that the screen is only updated when Emacs is "idle".

Notice that `sleep-for` says:

    Pause, without updating display, for SECONDS seconds.

But you can use `sit-for` instead, which does update the display (by
default).

        Stefan