Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 7a8f22b: * test/lisp/url/url-file-tests.el (u

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 7a8f22b: * test/lisp/url/url-file-tests.el (url-file): Use file:///, not file://.
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 03:22:54 +0200

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 1:37 AM Ken Brown <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is exactly what I said.  From the context, I think it's clear that the
> words "path", "to", and "file" don't contain slashes.

If "path" does not contain slashes (with which I agree), concatenating it to file:/// (not file://) is the right thing to do.

Anyway, if the check fails on Cygwin, the only fix is special-casing the test according to system-type. Feel free to do it. No idea whether ms-dos and darwin work with file:/// or file:// or both.