Re: Issues with Emacs master?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Issues with Emacs master?
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 03:23:06 -0400

> Referred to mentioned
>
> "Can’t guess python-indent-offset, using defaults: 4"

Ah, right.  I skipped this part because he said it's been there for much
longer.  IOW it's a separate issue from the one that caused him to
report the bug.

> Guessing indent OTOH is costly and reasonably off by default.

I don't have a strong opinion on that, but the variable you pointed to
doesn't disable the guess, it only disables the message emitted at the
end of the guess.  To disable the guess you need to set
python-indent-guess-indent-offset, IIUC.

        Stefan