Re: Question about display engine

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 14:46:03 +0200

> As mentioned up-thread, this affects not only the region face.  So
> perhaps a face attribute is indeed a good solution.
>
> But I still feel that this is not about faces, this is about face
> attributes, so the customization should on the attribute level, not on
> the face level.

You're right.  But then the earlier 'face-extend-to-window-edge' is
not appropriate either.  Maybe we could start with a simple
'extend-face-background' option (and add others if needed)?  If we
agree that "most" backgrounds should not extend, otherwise we should
probably add an 'inhibit-extend-face-background' option.

martin