Re: [SOLVED] (was: very different start up for emacs master compared wit

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] (was: very different start up for emacs master compared with 3 month ago)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 21:55:47 +0300

> From: "otadmor ." <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 21:46:48 +0300
> Cc: Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> When compiling emacs for daily use is it better to compile with -O? Or
> without -O at all?
> Which optimization level is suggested?

Using -O0 produces a binary that's slower, but if it crashes or you
need to debug it, the information you can report is more full and
reliable.  Letting the build use the default optimization produces a
faster program, but it's harder to debug.

What to do is up to you.  I debug the development version of Emacs
quite a lot, so I always build the development snapshots with -O0.