Re: PATCH: isearch-yank-until-char

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: PATCH: isearch-yank-until-char
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 23:39:17 +0300

>> This patch implements 'isearch-yank-until-char', a new yank command in
>> isearch.
>>
>> While in an isearch, one types C-M-c to yank into the search string
>> everything from point up to (but not including) the next instance of
>> a specified character.  It prompts for the character.
>
>>  feedback, both about the feature itself and about the choice of M-C-c as
>> the keybinding.
>
> Maybe M-z (since this new command seems analogous to zap-to-char)
> would be more mnemonic?

I guess someone might want 'M-z' to quit isearch and zap to the next char.

BTW, should the new command use the same function arguments '(arg char)'
to be more compatible with 'zap-to-char'?

Also I tried 'M-z <SPC>' at the end of the buffer and it raises the same error:

  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (search-failed " ")
    search-forward(" " nil nil 1)
    zap-to-char(1 32)
    funcall-interactively(zap-to-char 1 32)
    call-interactively(zap-to-char nil nil)