Re: bug#37025: 27.0.50; smime signing and encryption does not work any l

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bug#37025: 27.0.50; smime signing and encryption does not work any longer
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 18:03:23 +0300

> From: Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 09:53:20 +0200
>
> There is a ongoing discussion about a bug which was introduced in commit
> 74579d3d2bb82f300a6f2d81b7b559f0a24061db

Indeed.  And there's no need to split that discussion into 2 mailing
lists.  Those who are relevant to making the decision about the fix
read the bug list anyway.

> There is however a quick «fix»
>

>        (mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender nil)
>        *did not help*, although I am using smime not opengpg.
>        But
>        (mml-secure-openpgp-sign-with-sender nil)
>        *did help*.
>
>        This should be mentioned in the documentation (NEWS and in the
>        relevant doc strings)
>
> So far Teemu already sent a patch to the bugs list. It would be good if
> either this patch were applied as soon as possible or, even better, the
> patch were to be discussed, since it might causes problems with older
> openpgp versions.

Two comments (1) please wait for at least a few days before deciding
that the matter stalled and needs to be expedited, let alone in
another list; and (2) I personally didn't get the impression that the
proposed fix is final and/or agreed upon, due to the issue with the
version of gpg.

Meanwhile, you have the patch, and can apply it locally if it's urgent
for you.