RE: PATCH: isearch-yank-until-match

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: PATCH: isearch-yank-until-match
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 15:15:28 -0700 (PDT)

> > I don't think the patch breaks anything (e.g.
> > uses of `isearch-yank-internal' or
> > `isearch-process-search-string'), but I've done
> > limited testing.
>
> Actually it breaks other isearch yank commands.

Care to elaborate?  As I said, I tested it only
briefly.  Please let us know what breakage you
found.  I don't doubt you, but that info is not
actionable.

> But anyway the idea is clear.  I think something
> like this could be added to isearch, but optionally.
> It should not change the current default behavior.

What default behavior does it change?

Just what part(s) are you referring to, by "this"?

Yanking up to the match for another search pattern?
Fixing yanking so it supports also backward search?

Which part(s) do you think should be only optional?