Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 6cd5678: Clarify compiler-pacifier in frame.c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 6cd5678: Clarify compiler-pacifier in frame.c
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 10:13:07 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 17:52:05 -0700
>
> Newer GCC is smart enough to figure this out, at least with the default
> optimizations. Other platforms evidently aren't smart enough.

I believe the warning came from a compilation with GCC 9.2.

> > If we
> > want this to be abundantly clear, we should have a comment there to
> > the above effect.
>
> Sure, I installed the attached.

Thanks, but that wasn't enough, so I augmented it with a followup.

Btw, I don't really like UNINIT because it only works in a Git
repository.  So it's a semi-kludgey semi-solution, not really better
than an explicit initialization with a comment.