Re: Tabs

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 01:43:50 +0200

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 18:40:48 +0200
From: Ergus <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

[1:text/plain Hide]

gdb log attached. Tell me if you need something else:

Thanks.  If you run the recipe with breakpoint on this line of
xdisp.c:

                 if (FRAME_GARBAGED_P (f))
                    {
                      fset_redisplay (f);
                      f->garbaged = false;  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                      goto retry_frame;
                    }

(if your repository is up to date and you are on the master branch,
this should be line 15690), does the breakpoint fire after you type
the "C-x 6 f FILENAME RET" command?

No actually. I only get some messages:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /mnt/almacen/repo/gits/emacs/build/src/emacs -Q
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7ffff119e700 (LWP 20903)]
[New Thread 0x7fffebf6b700 (LWP 20904)]
[New Thread 0x7fffeb76a700 (LWP 20905)]
[New Thread 0x7fffea8b6700 (LWP 20917)]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 21286]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 21287]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 21288]
[Detaching after vfork from child process 21289]

But nothing else; the breakpoint is not reached.

Something else I observe is that when I leave the desktop and return
back; the tab-bar is visible, but with the cursor there. When I move the
cursor horizontally, the tabs image is substituted with the text that is
supposed to be in the first visible line that is supposed to be bellow
the tab-bar (attached image with the config.log open.)