RE: Quit and Close Emacs Special Windows

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Quit and Close Emacs Special Windows
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 13:55:30 +0000 (UTC)

> As "this behavior" I mean that pressing q
> effectively closes the buffer instead of keeping
> it around in the buffer list. When working in
> big projects with too many files usually there
> are too many *-...-* buffers (magit, compile,
> man, logs...).
>
> And the user needs to keep closing them
> constantly (with C-u q or explicitly)

OK, so Stefan was right. This is about not only
deleting the window but also killing the buffer.

I don't think you ever mentioned `C-u' with `q'
before (but I could be mistaken). I thought you
were only interested in deleting the window.
The code I showed was only about deleting the
window.

(FWIW, the Emacs jargon uses "kill" a buffer and
"delete" a window, not "close" a buffer.)