New tool to reduce emacs start-up time on Linux

From: Blake Miller
Subject: New tool to reduce emacs start-up time on Linux
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 01:50:01 +0000

Hello,

If you use emacs on linux, you may be interested in this tool which I just released:

https://gitlab.com/blak3mill3r/emacs-ludicrous-speed

As the name suggests, it can provide you with the fastest emacs startup time in the west, by using CRIU checkpoint/restore to "clone" emacsen.

It starts in ~300ms for me, and my entire (large) config is loaded eagerly.

If you try it out, I would love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Blake