Re: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 17:34:00 +0300

> From: Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li>
> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 21:18:03 +0200
>
> Is that what they call a Mexican Standoff?

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_standoff,

  A "Mexican standoff" is a confrontation in which no strategy exists
  that allows any party to achieve victory.

I don't think we are in that situation here, because several exit
strategies exist:

 . you can disregard my opinion and go with Stefan's
 . you can disregard Stefan's opinion and go with mine
 . we can still try reaching some compromise (from my POV I'd like to
   understand better why renaming "Code" would be a problem; the fact
   that it's present in every ELisp file doesn't seem to explain that)

> I think the conversation should be about whether my arguments as to
> *why* we should change the recommended style are sound, but we discuss
> whether "Code:" should be renamed or not.

I don't think there's disagreement about the essence of your proposal,
that's why we are not talking about it.