Re: native-comp: load-true-file-name compatibility

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: native-comp: load-true-file-name compatibility
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 14:11:13 +0000

Kevin Liu <kevin@nivekuil.com> writes:

> I have come across some code that looks like this:
>
> (defconst sayid-version
>   (eval-when-compile (lm-version load-file-name)))
>
> In native-comp I believe it has to use load-true-file-name instead,
> however this variable only exists in native-comp.  What is a good way
> to make this code compatible for both branches?

Hi Kevin,

ATM `load-file-name' has the value it would have loading the
conventional .elc file.  Therefore most likely this is already the
correct code and no modification is required, but it depends obviously
on what `lm-version' wants to do with that :)

Maybe you like to share more about the specific issue here.

  Andrea