Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 23:45:14 +0200

On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 09:01:51PM +0000, Stefan Kangas wrote:

Maybe we don't need them fully but at least a part of their
functionalities could be inserted in packages.el?

What do you have in mind?

Actually nothing specific. I just prevented in case it was not ongoing.

OTOH: While I use use-packages I have seen leaf and it seems to have
some interesting things and it is "syntax coherent" in some aspects
while developed by a single user with all the paperwork done.

We must take the best of both. Could we request Naoya Yamashita and John
Wiegley to create together a sort of super use-package-leaf for vanilla?