Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Iñigo Serna
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 12:13:14 +0200

On 11 September 2020 at 16:23 +02, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:

> I personally have no idea what "modern" looks like or what makes
> something look "modern", so I'd welcome a description.

IMO, Po Lu's work (already presented here [1]) would be a good example
at nice "modern" integration with linux computers using any gtk-based desktop.

Of course, it's no finished and possibly needs some work, but I think
this, plus wayland compatiblity and, maybe, some minor additions like
all-the-icons functionality would offer a quite "modern" aesthetic
experience.

Best regards,
Iñigo

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-04/msg01901.html