Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 17:43:55 +0300

On 2020-09-13 17:26 +03, Gregory Heytings <ghe@sdf.org> wrote:
> Please look again.  When you open VS Code for the first time, you have
> a big "Welcome" tab opened.  It contains four sections.  One of them
> is "Customize", and has three big buttons.  The third one is "Color
> theme".

I think that I haven’t seen it to this day is interesting.  Wonder if
there’s data / research on how effective these screens are.

> Another section is "Help", with pointers to a cheatsheet, introductory
> videos, and so forth.
>
> This "Welcome" tab will be shown every time you start VS Code, until
> you untick "Show welcome page on startup".
>
> The proposal I sent on this list yesterday is to do something like
> this for Emacs.

These are not things that I disagree.  Where we disagree is the effect
size of these, and I think you’re exaggerating the effects of the status
quo a bit.  Guess we’ll agree to disagree there.

Sorry if my tone was irritating / agressive at any time.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427