Re: Context menus and mouse-3 [was: Changes for emacs 28]

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: Context menus and mouse-3 [was: Changes for emacs 28]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 12:12:10 +0300

On 2020-09-14 12:03 +03, Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> wrote:
> That might be why most GUI applications transparently support both ways of
> operating the context menu. Given that their labyrinth/UI designers had
> more time, means and motivation to investigate mouse behaviors than we do,
> taking the same direction could be a good first step.

That happens at the toolkit level, i.e. with any modern toolkit you
wouldn’t need to go out of your way to support that kind of interaction.
Same goes with e.g. pressing a button but then moving your mouse outside
of it and release in order to cancel the button press.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427