Re: NonGNU ELPA

From: Mingde (Matthew) Zeng
Subject: Re: NonGNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 01:01:27 -0400

>   > Wouldn’t this be just another MELPA, essentially?
>
> Nothing like it.  We will decide which packages to put in
> NonGNU ELPA, and we can modify the code if necessary.

Is the modification going to be sent to package upstream as well? If yes, what
if the package author doesn't like the changes?

> THe plan was published here a few weeks ago.

Link to the plan to save people time searching for it:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-08/msg00152.html

I see how it differs from MELPA, but I still don't quite understand why would
an user want to use this instead of MELPA, which is more popular, less strict
than ELPA and doesn't require a copyright assignment.

--
Mingde (Matthew) Zeng