Re: Gather a list of confusions beginner tend to have

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: Gather a list of confusions beginner tend to have
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 14:22:22 +0300

On 2020-09-15 11:21 +03, Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this something missing in Emacs, or is it that some documentation
> strings donʼt tell you this? If the latter, point them out and we'll
> try to fix them.

Don’t have examples handy but I do find myself perplexed as to pass in a
symbol or a string at times.  Even if both is okay, IMHO it’s nice
practice to express that precisely.

But also it’d be real cool if we had gradual typing in Emacs, e.g. some
‘declare-type’ function that can assign type info to symbols which can
they be used for static checks and docstrings.

We already do something similar in spirit with defcustoms, don’t we?

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427