Question about modeline usage

From: chad
Subject: Question about modeline usage
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 11:36:39 -0700

While reviewing some of the recent proposals for potential UI adjustments for Emacs 28, the default modeline format came up repeatedly. At least outside of emacs-devel, alternative modeline packages are very popular, and discussion seems to be building towards perhaps suggesting some changes there.

This prompts me to ask: does anyone here use the default mouse-1 and/or mouse-3 bindings on the buffer name? I'm not asking about people that heavily customize the modeline, but rather about people that use the default (or minor variations thereof).

Feel free to reply here, or to send replies directly to me, and I'll summarize.

Thanks in advance.
~Chad