Re: Some stats regarding emacs modernisation discussions

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Some stats regarding emacs modernisation discussions
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 08:24:47 +1000

I don't think breaking this off into a separate mail list is necessary. This is a topic that comes up fairly regularly and then tends to die down, either because some consensus is reached and some things change or it just runs out of steam. Either way, it is good to have this sort of discussion in a single place and in the archives.

My only suggestion would be to continue to split off specific ideas once they show some merit (by which I mean sufficient interest or more concrete proposals etc).

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 00:45, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
> it might be good idea to break this discussion off into its
> own mailing list

No, please, no.

> given it looks like the volume of it will be
> consistently high for some time to come, dominating
> emacs-devel.

Not at all.  It comes around from time to time.
It by no means dominates emacs-devel, nor should it.

You have a very parochial, local, immediate impression
of this mailing list.

Look in the archives, to see how much this subject
"dominates" the list:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/

--
regards,